Four Fun Things I've been up toThis past week I've been keeping myself busy with the following activities.
1) I've started back to my weekly, now twice weekly Boot Camp, except now it's a social distancing type of camp. It's great to be getting together and exercising with friends outdoor. We are using our own parking spots as 6 ft markers.
2) I made Psylly Turtles this weekend. OMG, they are amazing. My daughter likes them with mini chocolate chips, by Enjoy Life. I like them with cacao nibs. These turtles are a slightly sweet treat, with side benefits. LOL right. Check out the benefits of psyllium husks:
4) Last night we made pizza on the grill. It was crunchy, just like a gluten filled pizza dough but it was GLUTEN FREE and DAIRY FREE!!! Just because a food group needs to be given up, doesn't mean you need to give up on having those kinds of food. It just takes creativity and putting on a different pair of lenses. Need help reframing. Drop me an email.
One last thing, this week I will be doing a fast. I will share how I'm doing in my Instagram stories.
Over the past week we have seen a response to George Floyd's killing as elsewhere in the United States and across the world. After the protest, then riots and destruction. Comes the beauty of rebirth. The artwork on the boarded up windows shows the path we, society, needs to take, because BLACK LIVES MATTER!! Their life is at stake everyday just doing normal day to day activities. Whereas white lives don't have that same fear. I hope you too will take steps to learn what racism is, to unlearn the little things whites do, consider donating to black charities. This is one way to help change the world and read books on white privilege and the black experience.
We can't continue to ignore what is happening to a large portion of our population, the African-American population.
The last 2 months have left me feeling like I've lost a chunk of my life. However there have been good things that have happened as a result of the lock down.
1) I am now baking bread weekly. That is HUGE for me. That is one baking experience that has not been successful for me. This week I even made Sourdough Pancakes, gluten free, dairy free but not vegan. Maybe next time. They were the most fluffy pancakes we've had since going gluten free. I love being able to use the sourdough discards in this way.
2) I am now running again, 2 times a week. This excites me greatly, because I broke my foot in January and was unable to run for 3 months. I am a bit tired and sore, but I'm much happier getting in regular exercise.
3) Starting June 17th the Greensboro Farmers Curb Market is starting a program for prepared food and craft vendors to pick up pre-orders on Wednesday mornings. Please message me if you are interested in picking of orders from PaleoLove on Wednesday mornings.
4) I will continue to offer my online store and offer products on Gate City Harvest online store for the time being.
5) At this time I still have Momma Bear Shots available. I am considering repackaging them in returnable, reuseable. recyclable containers. I would like your feedback on the Momma Bear Shots if you are still using them and the new packaging is something you would prefer or not prefer and why.
6) Since graduating from the Functional Nutrition Alliance as an educator/coach. I am starting a Facebook Group called Rethinking Food. Click here to join. or check it out.
Have I told you about this amazing opportunity that is starting SOON? My friend Alisha Wielfaert over at Yoke and Abundance is offering a 3.5 month class on Cultivating Creativity. Starting next week.
Mary, is the creator and founder of PaleoLove Company, Mom, wife, friend, partner in crime, and entrepreneur. She has been a lover of art, food and traveling since she was very young. She began her paleo journey just out of curiosity, then her oldest daughter developed health problems where she needed to consume a low carb low sugar diet. It is here where she developed her skills in creating and making low sugar low carb treats and eats.